In the last few days of this week, we here in Northern Nevada have been given a few days of clear skies. The smoke from Yosemite has had our skies grey for two weeks. We feel so blessed to usually have big blue skies! All of the products on this weeks Five Fridays will be posted shortly to our Etsy shop. Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions!
If you're in the northern Nevada area and have stepped outside, you know how smokey it is. If you're not, then make sure to appreciate your clean air. Since we're in Carson, we've had to get creative and find some fabulous indoor activities to keep us from going stir crazy. So shut the doors and windows, crank up the AC and join in.
Guest post by Hannah Briggs
1. This baggu leather tote is a year round treasure.
2. If you are thinking about switching up your looks, you should read this blog post about this seasons hairstyles.
3. A list of words in other languages that have no exact translation in English. They are wonderful.
4. A cute set of photos- we love the one above in particular!
5. The Paris Journal is a great app for Iphone/ Ipad that transports you straight into the heart of France.
6. This Pinterest board is chalk full fabulous art pieces. If you haven't been introduced to Pinterest... let this be the start to countess hours spent on the site.
Happy Monday, everyone!
This Friday we decided to feature some beautiful bright colors. The smoke that has settled in the Carson Valley is making everything a little on the gloomy side, so we are doing everything we can to stay cheery.
What do you have planned for this weekend? A short getaway perhaps?
Summer in particular is when nails should never be naked. Who doesn't love an excuse to get a mani/ pedi? These are our top five favorite colors for this summer:
1. Nude is a go to. It keeps nails looking fresh- but nit like you are trying to hard.
2. A good red is classic. Sometimes it takes a few tries to get the perfect red for your skin tone, but this one is fairly universal.
3. This is one of my all time favorites. It is light enough to not draw attention, but pretty and feminine.
4. Who doesn't get into a sassy mood every once in a while? This deep blue is dark without looking like you want to be in the band Kiss.
5. This is another one of my all time favorite colors. A pretty pink is a must have for every girl, no?
*Both no. 3 and no. 5 are from Essie's Spring collection. No. 3 is called Go Ginza, and No. 5 is called Madison Ave-Hue, and are available from at Target.
1. The most fantastic video of a baby elephant sneezing and scaring himself. It really is a must watch!
2. A DIY tutorial: How to make this fab necklace! It's easier than you might think!
3. A wonderful article on what a florist's dream might look like. Both intellectually and visually pleasing.
4. Have you ever wondered how you can hide all the wires coming from your TV? This post shows you how. Pretty simple- but I would have never thought of it! It will be our secret & everyone will think you are a genius!
5. One hundred and one decorating secrets from famous designers. This is a must read!
6. A collection of exceptionally strange old photos.
Have a wonderful week everyone!